Sunshine Blogger Award
I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Yay! What a huge honor!
The award is given out by members of the blogging community in recognition of their inspiring, creative, and motivational blogs.
I would like to thank Mark Bierman, whose blog Adventures in Writing I never miss! I highly recommend a visit, just click on the link above.
Mark has asked me to answer eleven personal questions, so here goes:
1. What is the most extreme “sport” you’ve done (if any)?
I don’t play sports, but I do watch them. Does pee-wee golf count as an extreme sport? I mainly like to hike.
2. Do you have a favorite travel destination? If so, where?
Hawaii or Disneyland. I live in the perfect vacation spot for the rest of the year.
3. What is your favorite blog topic?
I really enjoy book reviews and getting the know the author more personally.
4. Do you have a preferred time of day to blog? When?
Whatever I get the chance, but usually in the morning.
5. Do you drink coffee while you blog?
No, I don’t drink coffee anymore. It would be either water or tea.
6. Do you have pets?
Yes, I do. Five cats, a dog, and goldfish.
7. If you were trying to fix a broken shovel handle and a 500-pound gorilla came up to you with a roll of tape, what would you do?
I would hand him the shovel to fix of course:)
8. Do you prefer to swim in a pool or a natural body of water?
A natural body of water.
9. It’s Thanksgiving- turkey, some other type of meat, or no meat?
10. Given the choice, would you prefer a spider or a snake in your home?
11. What type of music do you listen to?
It depends on my mood, but usually classic rock, alternative rock, classical, big band, and Motown.
Here are some inspirational bloggers that I nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I chose them because they are committed to blogging excellence!
For accepting the Sunshine Blogger Award nomination, there are a few rules:
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
• Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your blog post.
• Nominate 11 new bloggers & their blogs. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they received the award and ask your nominees 11 new questions.
Here is my list of questions. If there are any questions you do not wish to answer, please feel free to give them a pass.
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Do blogs encourage you to purchase books?
3. How many blogs do you usually read in a week?
4. Do you enjoy seeing poetry on blogs?
5. If you could write your blog from anywhere where would it be?
6. If you could be any animal for a day what would you be?
7. Do you collect anything?
8. If you could beam anywhere, like in Star Trek, where’s the first place you’d go?
9. What draws you to a blog?
10. What do you write about in your blogs and why?
11. If you could transport to anytime in history when would you choose to visit?
That’s it! All done! I wish you all the best in 2020! Keep writing those wonderful blogs!
33 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award @balroop2013 @rjkrzak @theshowerofblessings @worddreams @teagangeneviene @sooozburke @karenringalls @rijanjks @lyndafiller @gmplano @lizziechantree @mbiermanauthor”
Thanks for posting this, Denise! I loved your answer about the gorilla and I agree with you about the spider (not a fan of snakes).
It was fun, Mark! I don’t ever want to find a snake crawling around the house!
Congrats on your award, Denise. It was fun reading your answers, especially the one about the gorilla. I have to say though, if it was a large spider, I’d choose the snake, as long as it wasn’t a poisonous one! 🙂
Thanks, Mae:) It was fun answering the questions. My theory between the snake and spider is I can catch the spider in a cup and put it back outside, not sure what I’d do about a snake…lol.
Congrats on the award Denise! Well deserved. I’m a turkey person too! xo
Thanks, Eden:) I’m a big turkey fan!
Congratulations Denise! I tried leaving a message , not sure it got through. 🙂
Oh how wonderful, Denise! This is a well-deserved nomination.And a HUGE thanks to you for nominating me for this as well. I am leaving to go out of town, so it will be next week before I can post my blog answering your questions. Again, Thank You!
Thank you, Jan:) I hope you have a wonderful trip! Xo
What a wonderful surprise to see my blog mentioned among all these wonderful writers!! Thank you so much!! You are such a blessing, Denise. You brighten all of our hearts. ♥
Thank you, Gwen! That is so sweet of you to say and I really appreciate it and you! Xo
I enjoyed reading your answers, Denise. Thank you kindly for the mention. Hugs on the wing!
Thank you, Teagan:) I had fun with the questions. Hugs right back!
I always have fun reading these questions from people. I’m with you on the spider or snake, and a few other answers.
I always enjoy reading the question and answers, too. This time I had fun answering them:) Spiders I can catch with a cup…snakes I would have no idea!
Thank you so much Denise for the honor, I’ll keep it in my heart and smile. I try to spread some sunshine with my poetry. 🙂 even I would prefer a spider, easier to handle! That was a fun post! Stay blessed and have a wonderful weekend.
Thank you, Balroop:) Your poetry definitely spreads a lot of sunshine! Yes, spiders are much easier to handle, at least cup wise. Have a wonder weekend full of blessings.
Nice one, Denise…Five cats…! 🤩💕
Always a good part of the day! ♥♥
Thank you, Billy 🙂
Congratulations Denise on your award. You must be so excited. I’m excited for you.
Thank you Shirley! I am 🙂
My goodness! Congratulations to you AND thank you for nominating my blog. I will do the same on Monday. Today, I am trying to surprise my husband on his 81st birthday.
Happy 81st birthday to your husband, Karen! Hope its a wonderful day:)
I loved your answers, especially the one about the gorilla. I suddenly realised that I forgot to include questions in my response, Hahaha.
Thanks, Robbie. I loved that question:)
Congratulations for the award, Denise. You deserve it! I love reading your answers. Maui is our favorite vacation spot and we’ve been there four times so far. I’m cutting coffee also since November 2019. By being ill for weeks turned into months, I didn’t need coffee in the morning. It turned out that my blood pressure was returning to normal. All those years when I drank coffee, it affected my blood pressure also.
Thank you so much for your nomination, Denise. It’s my honor to be included!
Thank you Miriam:) You as well! I’ve never had a bad time in Hawaii, its a magical place to visit. I miss coffee, even organic decaf bothered me. Glad quitting helped your blood pressure.
That’s right, Denise. I enjoyed the visits so far. There was only once with rain storm, almost delayed the flight.
I’m still in transition with coffee, drinking decaf.
What fun! Love your answers, esp. the one about the broken shovel – LOL! With you on Hawaii as a vaca destination, too 😀
I had fun with the reader questions, Julie:) You can’t have a bad time in Hawaii!