I express my love of nature in words, especially with poetry. I share what I’m seeing and feeling in written form, but I also capture moments in pictures. Here are a few of my favorites that I’ve taken over the years. All but three are local photos.
A Hawaiian sunset in Kauai, a smoky sunset over Nevada City, CA, and the sun peeking through the trees in Nevada County, CA by the Yuba River.
A whale in Alaska, the Yuba River in Nevada County, CA, and a rainbow over the coast of Kauai.
Ananda Tulips Nevada City, CA, Donner Summit (Sierra Nevada near Truckee, CA), snowstorm by the Magical Trail, Nevada City, CA.
Donner Summit by Bridge (Sierra Nevada by Truckee, CA), D.L. Finn taking pictures at Yuba River, Nevada County, CA.
- Still no rain. We’ve been having an unusually warm November. There are winds predicted this week. No idea if this means power outages again, but definitely increased fire danger. Still doing my rain dance!
- The Monthly Newsletter goes out Wednesday. Watch for it in your email if subscribed!
- Have you made it by the Spotlight Author tour? I’ve been having a lot of fun and sharing new “Finn Facts.” I also did a Blog Talk Radio Interview, too. You can click on the links above if you’re interested.
- I’ve crossed over the 30,000 words for NaNo. No idea where the story is going to end up, but it’s getting exciting. I lost a chapter overnight last week. Not sure how it happened since I have a backup in place. So that set me back a day. One of those things that led me in another direction.
- Next week’s blog I will share our family’s Thanksgiving Tree and some “leaves” or what we’ve been thankful for over the years.
Embrace your inner child with gratitude and share it. D. L. Finn