The electrical current’s flow has ceased
The stillness shrouds the space
And the dense darkness appears endless.
Then, a roar saturates the silence with a shimmer
And some are flooded with modern conveniences.
This constant rumble requires an offering of petrol
We gladly feed this beast no matter what the cost.
The howl of a generator is a small price to pay
For the glowing lights and hum of the refrigerator.
We easily fall asleep knowing the sound…
Is keeping us safe, healthy, and comforted.
When the sparking current goes silent…
The roaring beast awakens at our invitation
We lounge in this brief utopia, feeding the beast
While we wait for the ordinary to return.
Here’s what I’m hoping for VERY soon!
THE DAY AFTER THE RAIN
The ground is full of yesterday’s rain.
The drops linger on the rose petals
Trees glow a growing green
Blue peeks from behind the clouds
The birds sing in a joyful tune
The woodpecker feasts on insects on the dead tree
The dog lays in the sun at my feet
While the bees go back to work
Each gathering their needs before the next storm
But for now, I enjoy this day with nature
With a grateful heart for the day after the rain.
- Still looking for some saturating rain. Although, no power outages this past week, they could make a come back soon if that storm door doesn’t open up soon!
- I hit the 20,000-word mark for the NaNo. I hope to make the 50,000 if all goes well, but life usually throws in a surprise or two. So, I’m focusing on being grateful for every word I have time to write for this event.
- I was awarded the incredible honor of being the #RRBC NOVEMBER SPOTLIGHT AUTHOR! I’ll be doing a blog tour that has started and an interview this week. Here’s the link if you are interested. https://ravereviewsbynonniejules.wordpress.com/spotlight-a…/
- I’m also a part of the “RWISA “RISE-UP” BLOG TOUR.” That starts this week, too.
- This leaves my time on social media very limited. I will be back in full capability in December until my holiday break:)
Embrace your inner child with some poetry! D. L. Finn